Here is some additional information regarding TM 2% Liquid Chitosan.
Chitosan is a more bioavailable form of chitin that you can use in your garden as a plant protection agent. Use all natural chitosan to seed soak, foliar spray, or root drench and watch common issues fade away from your farm, cultivation site, or garden. Here is some additional information.
The Science: Chitosan when used preventatively has shown to be effective in reducing and/or eliminating issues with Pythium, botrytis, powdery mildew and other systemic crop threats. Chitosan builds immunity to Pythium, Powdery Mildew and Botrytis!!
We all start our cucumbers with such hopeful hearts and then… the powdery mildew creeps in! Chitosan application will help your plants defend against powdery mildew for the entire season.
We want you to see this!
- Exogenous priming of chitosan induces upregulation of phytohormones and resistance against cucumber powdery mildew disease is correlated with localized biosynthesis of defense enzymes. In the present study, chitosan a biopolymer derived from crab-shell was used in different concentrations as priming agent to cucumber seeds and were evaluated for its effect to enhance plant growth parameters as well as its ability to induce resistance against powdery mildew disease.
- Under greenhouse conditions a significant induced disease protection of 66.6% against powdery mildew disease was noticed in chitosan-pretreated plants.
- These results determine that the susceptible cucumber cultivar elicits immunity after perception of priming with chitosan to upregulate phytohormones and synthesize defense-responsive enzymes, thereby induce resistance against powdery mildew disease and strengthen the growth-promotion of cucumber plants.
Each quart of TM 2% Liquid Chitosan produces 230 gallons of plant protection at full strength dilution. Use as seed soak, foliar spray and root drench.
- Chitosan stimulates your plant’s immune system, improves plant health, and increases plant vigor.
- Chitosan is multi-functional, cost effective, and works at any stage of growth and with all nutrient programs.
- Chitosan functions as a SAR elicitor, reduces transpiration, and creates resistance to pathogens: extremely desirable traits in crop production.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32814103/