The level of interest in chitosan outweighs the ease of access to accurate information and quality chitosan products.
TM Chitosan is pleased to be a solution in both regards and we are happy to provide to you any necessary information so you can achieve your farm, garden or larger agricultural goals!
Some of the benefits of chitosan application in agriculture include:
- Increased nutrient uptake by plants, which means more efficient use of fertilizers and improved overall health of crops.
- Increased absorption of essential minerals which enhance the plant’s nutritional value
- Crop resistance against harmful microorganisms including a wide variety of deadly fungi, bacteria and viruses
- Chitosan acts as a protective barrier on plant surfaces by forming a film that prevents fungal growth and disease-causing organisms.
- The presence of chitosan encourages beneficial microbes, such as nitrogen-fixing bacteria and mycorrhizal fungi, which can improve soil fertility and structure.
- Improved plant survival in high heat and cold environments
- Stimulation of growth and activity of beneficial microbes
- As an anti-transpiring agent, chitosan may help to preserve water resources used in agriculture
In our next newsletter, we will highlight the variety of dosing and application methodologies for Liquid, Gel and Powdered Chitosan.
Regenerative agriculture is quickly becoming standard practice and the availability and efficacy of chitosan is rapidly confirming the significant role chitosan will play in rehabilitating our depleted and over fertilized soils. Chitosan has been proven to protect farms, gardens and nurseries from common agricultural issues, increase crop yields and reduce use of expensive and toxic plant protection products. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or comments regarding chitosan in agriculture.