Published and publicly available research indicates that chitosan application is effective in treating common agricultural issues. Chitosan activates the plant defense system for 10-14 days. Powdery mildew, botrytis, and Pythium are not able to take hold. The phytochemicals that remain flowing through the plant make it inhospitable for pests and pathogens.
Foliar application reduces transpiration and creates a layer of protection on the leaf surface, but when applied via the root zone chitosan becomes systemic. Crops grown with chitosan have a better post-harvest shelf life and some have been shown to have higher nutritional value.
Select the study to follow the link below:
- National Institute of Health – Chitosan Studies [over 50,000]
- Frontiers in Bioengineering & Biotechnology – Chitosan, Safe by Design
- The Multifunctional Role of Chitosan in Agriculture
- LINK: Chitosan PROTECTS crops from effects of cold and damp soil.
- Multiple crop issues mitigated via application of chitosan.
- All-natural chitosan is agricultural gold.
- Chitosan is Beneficial for Berry Farms!
- What is TM Liquid Chitosan and why is it essential in Spring?
- Explore the benefits of chitosan application in agriculture: ARTICLE
- The Multifunctional Role of Chitosan in Horticultural Crops: A Review
- The Benefits of Chitosan